The Thermal Imaging Addendum should be used when the client requests thermal imaging services. Create your own clean copy of this agreement by copying and pasting it into a Word Doc.
Thermal Imaging Addendum to Inspection Contract
This is an addendum to the Agreement regarding the inspection at: _______________________________.
Thermal imaging (also known as thermography and infrared or IR technology) is an emerging technology that may allow the IAC2 INSPECTOR to show you things about your home that no one can show you using other inspection methods. Thermal imaging produces images of invisible heat energy emitted from objects and systems in the home and allows me to measure it. Thermal imaging may help diagnose the problem rather than merely identify symptoms and can sometimes, but not always, identify and document: electrical faults before they cause a fire; overloaded and undersized circuits; circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement; missing, damaged and/or wet insulation; heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors; water and moisture intrusion that could lead to mold; possible pest infestation; hidden roof leaks (before they cause serious damage); air-conditioner compressor leaks; under-fastening and/or missing framing members; structural defects; broken seals in double-pane windows; energy loss and loss of system efficiency; dangerous flue leaks; damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems; unknown plumbing leaks; and overheated equipment. The color images produced can then be included in the inspection report to provide supporting documentation. One picture is worth a thousand words.
- CLIENT requests and authorizes INSPECTOR to perform a thermal imaging scan on the structure at __________________________________for the following purposes: ___________________________________. The fee for this additional service will be $_____________, all of which is due prior to delivery of the thermal images.
- INSPECTOR’s liability for any damages allegedly arising out of any aspect of the thermal imaging service shall be limited to the additional amount paid for the thermal imaging scan. CLIENT voluntarily waives any claim for consequential, exemplary or incidental damages to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- The thermal imaging scan will be limited in scope to the equipment used by INSPECTOR. The inspection will be a non-invasive and non-destructive examination of the visible and safely and readily accessible portions of the interior and/or exterior of the structure for atypical temperature/thermal variations. NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES REGARDING FUTURE USE, HABITABILITY, OPERABILITY, SUITABILITY, OR MERCHANTABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT PROPERTY ARE PROVIDED.
- Thermal imaging services do NOT include any inspections, examinations, testing or evaluations for harmful, dangerous, or toxic substances or materials or environmental hazards including but not limited to: mold; bio-aerosols; radon; lead; asbestos; non-biological airborne particulates; contaminants; petroleum products; petrochemicals; radioactive materials; electromagnetic radiation; or plant, animal, or insect secretions or excretions. Infrared cameras are not moisture meters but can aid in identifying areas that warrant further investigation. If INSPECTOR offers any information or opinions about any of the foregoing, this information shall be deemed to be informational only and supplied as a courtesy to the CLIENT and shall not be deemed to be an amendment to this addendum or the inspection agreement.
- CLIENT agrees to indemnify and hold harmless INSPECTOR, its agents, employees and inspectors for the presence of any harmful, dangerous or toxic substances or materials or environmental hazards, including, but not limited to, those listed in part 4 of this addendum, as well as for any and all damages and liability for any mitigation, construction, or any other costs associated with the presence of any such hazards or substances or materials.
- If CLIENT desires to obtain information regarding the presence of any harmful, dangerous or toxic substances or materials or environmental hazards including, but not limited to, those listed in part 4 of this addendum, it is solely the responsibility of the CLIENT to contact and engage the services of qualified individuals or companies that specialize in the areas of specific interest or concern.
- All of the other terms of the Agreement (Inspection Contract) are incorporated herein by reference.
I have carefully read the foregoing, and I understand, accept and agree with all of the terms and conditions of this addendum.