IAC2 requires the successful completion of a qualifying indoor air quality (IAQ) educational program or course in order to be considered for certification. Qualifying education providers include accredited schools and universities, trade associations, and training accepted for state-issued licenses.

IAC2 recommends the successful completion of any one of the following courses:

The InterNACHI® School is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency of the U.S. Department of Education, to provide free, online training.

Various educational programs and courses qualify for certification. If you have any questions about your qualifying education, please email fastreply@iac2.org.

In addition, you must also:

  • maintain continuous membership in IAC2. Certification is terminated and expires upon membership cancellation; and
  • substantially adhere to the IAC2 Standards of Practice or the standard required by law in your jurisdiction.

Proof of Qualifying Education

Applicants must include proof of qualifying education with their application. The documentation should substantially demonstrate your field of expertise (i.e., mold, radon, remediation, etc.). Copies of Certificates of Completion and state-issued licenses are preferred.

IAC2 is a private trade group, not a government agency. Contact your local regulators to ascertain what the requirements are in your area before performing any inspection or testing. Attaining the IAC2 professional designations does not ensure that you comply with the government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. The IAC2 professional designations signify your dedication to education and expertise in identifying and solving indoor air quality problems in homes.